Saturday, February 25, 2012

{In The Picture} Self Portrait Quest

{In the picture} recap for February...
Well, I really didn't do that well.  I've fallen behind on my goal of 52.  However, I'm not worried about it because there will be time to catch up.  I keep hoping this gets easier and I can somehow ditch the weird smiles as I continue with this quest. 
On my recent trip there are photos of me - ones that I did not take, but handed the camera to someone else.  In these photos - I look happy, my smile is genuine and full of joy in the moment.  There is none of that forced camera pose smile stuff going on... just pure happy. 
So, now I really have a goal - one to capture the happiness that I see in myself.  I want to capture that smile I see in the mirror in the morning but can not seem to capture in a self portrait.  I really don't want to keep chopping of my head in photos - so its time to figure this out.




Do you want to play along? 
In The Picture

8 comments:

  1. oh, my! i want that owl mug... so cute! that fourth shot is my favorite, but i love them all. i came via the link-up party. great shots for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three nice photos. Even though I'm not a fan of black and white I do like yours. The lighting is perfectly captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's hard to feel natural when all you're doing is looking at your own camera, I'm sure it will get easier the more we do. I also set my self timer to take 10 shots and that way a have a few expressions to choose from. I think you've done a great job this month, I like the one where I can see all of your face. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, you´re doing a great work. It takes time to feel comfortable while taking selfportraits, I still have problems with this issue and I have to take lots of them till I start to look natural or as I see myself, and it´s not easy at all -at least in my case- share them. Must be a question of practice

    ReplyDelete
  5. marji, i love all of these, and hope you will start to love them too. i still have a hard time with the funky-fake smile thing in my own shots, that's why you rarely will see a straight on facial selfie from me. maybe try to put some music on and dance around :) thanks for linking up at {in the picture} this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marji, I love the pic of you all snuggled in that sweater and mits, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater and mittens shot it my fave. Smiling is difficult for selfies....usually I'm so busy lining up the shot, I forget-I have this serious be-fuddled look. I guess we'll figure it out. Practice, practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these, especially the second one and the last one. I know what you mean about the smile thing in selfies, I haven't quite got the natural thing down yet either - let me know what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...