Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunset in Wax

I spent a few hours dabbling in the studio last night. This is what came of it.
I scraped in the round design with a grooved pottery tool. The groves are filled with red, orange, black and white wax kinda randomly. I scraped back to reveal the multi colored bands in the circle. The black flowers are silhoutte images from a photo I took during the summer. They are laser printed and transfered onto the wax.
Still working small... this one is only 3x3.
I was happy with it.

3 comments:

  1. MARJI THIS IS GREAT! IT'S GREAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR CREATIVITY AND THE FACT THAT YOU ARE GIVING YOURSELF A CHANCE TO EXPLORE IT, I LOVE THIS PAINTING! KEEP GOING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I find myself drawn in to the words "scraped in the round design" - I just want to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! I love to combine my photography with encaustic too. It's such a great combination.
    I was looking through your photos on flickr and getting nostalgic for Seattle! Really great photos, glad we found each other!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...