Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting Something NEW


005::365
Originally uploaded by Rain City Girl


Its been really, really long time since I've been here. A lot has happened - all for the good (thankfully). Out with the old and in with the new. Lots to do this year - so lets get this party started!

This blog is going to be a new space, a new face. More on this as we go along. But today is just the first day and I don't want to overwhelm the process.

I'm trying some thing NEW - well, old technique actually - but TOTALLY out-of-left-field NEW for me. Encaustic painting. But what's the really cool part is that this is really not about encaustic painting. This is the medium that I have chosen so things may be a little skewed that way - but what its really about is sharing words and content that inspire. I'm going to share my learning process - yes, the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm a total beginner - I figure the only thing that can happen is that I'll get better..

My hope with this blog is that it inspires you to try something NEW - or perhaps work on something old. To stop thinking about it, and do it. Be a writer, a photographer, an encaustic artist for goodness sake - whatever inspires you. Its about taking a leap. Its about taking a chance and being OK with the fact that you're probably going to suck at it at first until you get some miles under your belt. Lets have some fun.

Join in with your something new, something old or follow along however you like. I probably won't be here daily but I promise to be here a couple of times a week with some fun inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful goal! It is challenging to do new things ON PURPOSE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...