Thursday, September 9, 2010

9 September



I've been preparing for guests tonight. As I'm dusting, shining, washing, etc. I'm wondering why I don't do this more? Entertain, why have I fallen away from such a joyful thing? Having friends round for dinner, snacks, a glass of wine - whatever it might be - is really a joy. Fillng the house with laughter, conversation and companionship is one of those things that is priceless.

I really don't bake much either. Its just the two of us, and quite frankly, I'm the only one that will eat all the stuff. My husband has huge willpower and can easily pass up on the goodies. Although, in a weak moment, I have seen him indulge :) These past two days I have spent more time baking than in forever it seems. It really is fun to pull out the mixer, the receipes, and whip butter and sugar into fine fluffiness. The upside down cake shifted from pineapple to apple and you know - it turned out beautifully! The house looks great, the food is prepared, the dishes are out. I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Do you like to entertain?



3 comments:

  1. We love to entertain, although we haven't been doing it as much since the little guy arrived. We do have friends for dinner though and that is always a good time. I love that we always manage to get everything neat even with just an hour or so notice. So fun! Enjoy your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is charming. Can't wait for a slow morning and a cup of coffee to explore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog,love the way you catch the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...