Wednesday, June 30, 2010

30 June 2010


Out in the Great Wide Open
Originally uploaded by Rain City Girl

Into the Great Wide Open...Under the Skies of Blue...Out in the Great Wide Open..

Tom Petty~

The Sunday Creative word prompt - OPEN

I took a roadtrip. I left on Sunday and returned yesterday. I drove across our beautiful state of Washington from one side to the other. Takes about 4.5 hours. I left the westside maritime climate and travelled over the pass through the Cascade mountains. After descending all the way to the Columbia River gorge at Vantage, I climbed back up onto the flat plains. Nothing but farmland and wide open spaces for miles and miles. It has its own beauty each mile I travelled. I clicked photos out the window as I drove along.
I was headed to see friends and spend a couple of days in Spokane. The weather was sunny and hot. I decided that I really love being warm. I do love Seattle, but I love being warm. It was nice to get away.... but it was also nice to come home.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...