Thursday, June 17, 2010

17 June 2010


Very Smooth~
Originally uploaded by Rain City Girl

Day 12 of Creativity Boot Camp - word prompt today is Smooth.

I think I will be really sad when CBC is over in a few days. I have really been pushed by some of this stuff. There are so many good photographers out there - wow! I can't help but to be inspired by their work. It makes me think a lot more and try and figure out what they do, that I am missing....

Today, we are supposed to think about dreams. I chose this picture for smooth - because in a way it is my alter ego. My dream so to speak... the glamour diva. As much as I love dressing up, I think I really am most comfortable in jeans. Although.... maybe I could wear jeans and Jimmy Choos!

I often wonder what happened to my dreams from childhood. I planned on being a veterinarian from when I was about 8. I studied it, I worked at vet when I was in HS. I basically planned on it and applied to only one school because of their Vet program. Then I changed.. I ended up my Junior year in college deciding that I guess Accounting would be what I would choose after trying numerous other things. Why accounting for goodness sake!? Totally not me, but I have always been greatful for having a background in numbers. My practical side kicked in and somehow overran my heart. If indeed being a vet was not for me - I should have been an architect. Why is it that we (collectively, as I know I am not the only one) do this to ourselves?
As for my future dreams?

I'd like to find something I love doing and be able to earn a living at it. I have a small business now, and I used to think my dream was to see it get big and successful. However, now that I am in the midst of it... I really don't know how to do that - so maybe my dream for the future is to gain the knowledge to move to the next level.

The other dream is that I know I would like to do something that involves creativity and helping people. I personally have gained so much from a 365 project on Flickr, Unravelling and CBC that I feel I have to share this with others on a local level. I just have to figure out how to do it. I know I can.

1 comment:

  1. Nice capture. Funny but I don't think I have ever seen a pair in person. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...